"Having a hard time dealing with one's father."
Sept. 19, 2016. Actual conversations by actual people.
[As Emma and Papa walk through the parking lot]
Papa: Watch out for that car.
Emma: I think it's going to park.
Papa: Maybe it's going to fly away.
Emma: Cars can't fly.
Papa: Are you sure?
Emma: Yes, you have to believe me.
Papa: Why? I don't think I trust you.
Emma: You have to because I'm your kid.
Papa: I have to believe you because you're my kid? I don't know about that.
Emma: Look, Papa, a bird!
Papa: Where?
Emma: Up in the sky.
Papa: That little thing? That's too small to be a bird.
Emma: No, Dad, it's just way up high.
Papa: How is that?
Emma: Birds can fly.
Papa: Oh, so birds can fly then!
Emma: Of course, it just looks small.
[Now sitting down on a bench by a young tree]
Papa: Okay, Emma, are you big?
Emma: Yes.
Papa: What about this tree here?
Emma: That's small.
Papa: How come you're big and the tree is small but the tree is bigger than you, huh?
Emma: Well, dad…
Papa: Is it way up in the sky or something? Trees can't fly you know.
Emma: I know, Dad! Look, I'm big for a kid but I'm small for a tree.
Papa: A tree? You're NOT a tree. I knew I couldn't trust you.
3 comments:
Genial! Das könnte doch ein Skript für ein Film sein mit dem Titel "A Tree Called Emma - Up in the Sky, very High"! Das darf ich aber niemals Emma vorlesen, sonst rollt sie mit den Augen und sagt "Oh Möne, dein Akzent ist sooo schrecklich". Und Sammy würde sagen "Ja, Möne, ich will dich ja nicht beleidigen...aber..." Ich schmeiss mich grad mal vor Lachen kurz hier auf den Boden in meinem Hotelzimmer in Jyväskylä und lache laut HÄHÄHÄHÄHÄ (finnisches Gelächter)
Liebe Grüsse an euch eure Möne
liebe grüße zurück an dich, möne!!
Way to go, Emma! Don't let your dad mess with your mind.
Love,
Grandma
Post a Comment