Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Against the clock - part 1 of 626

As I mentioned yesterday, there is a kind of horse race going on with K finishing the piano reduction for Dunkelrot (the opera which will be premiered in late Sept. this year in Nürnberg!). Though the race is exciting, it's maybe that kind of exciting you're not actually hoping for. Here she is, hard at work:
What we are observing here is work on scenes 1-6 being rapidly finished. Did I mention that there are seven scenes? Um, nevermind. And for the fashion police out there, that's not actually the same shirt from yesterday. She just has a closet full of those striped shirts.

K is admittedly getting a little tired of sitting for too long in her chair (which thanks to the Harvard electronic studios' renovations is a significantly better than the dining room chair she had been sitting on). So we hopped on the bikes and peddled down to the Harvard natatorium for a half-hour swim. I can outrun K on land but I huff and puff to keep pace with her in the lanes. Klümpchen seems to enjoy the water like his mama.

Anyway, as K sat there at her desk working tonight she was paid a visit by our old nemesis - the moth. We've had a confrontation with these clothing moths for the last little while. And just when we think we have them licked, they pop up again. The test will be to not take them with us to the new place!

No comments: